Ferry to Iran
Iran is surrounded by the water from different sides. In the north of Iran is the biggest lake of the world and is called Khazar Sea or Khazar Lake or the Caspian Sea.
In the south, Iran is bordered with Oman Sea and Persian Gulf which continue to Indian Ocean from the east and to the Delta of Arvand Rood River.
There are just three passenger ferries from Iran to other countries.
- Bandar Abbas to Sharjeh: on Mondays and Wednesdays at 22 P.M. (about 9 hours)
- Bandar Lengeh to Sharjeh: on Saturdays and Wednesdays at 10 A.M. (about 9 hours)
- Khorram Shahr to Kuwait: on Saturdays and Wednesdays at 10 A.M. (about 5 hours)
- The ferry from Bandar Abbas to Sharjeh and also Khorram Shahr to Kuwait are both passenger and cargo ferries, but the ferry from Bandar Lengeh to Sharkeh is just the passenger ferry.
If you have a vehicle with you, you should go to the port one day before the ferry departure to show the car related documents, weigh and then load the vehicle. Otherwise, it is OK to book the passenger ferry through an agency.
It is not possible to take from the other side to Iran as the E- Ticket is not issued and also the process may be different.
Iran – India Ferry
One of the most wanted ferries is Iran to India as the passengers who travel with their own vehicle have problem to enter Pakistan and then continue to India. The Pakistan visa is not issued because of political problems and Pakistan safety problems.
There was a passenger ferry from Sharjeh to India before, but now unfortunately it is cancelled, so just two options are available.
- You can take a ferry from Bandar Abbas to FOB Nhava Sheva by Iran sales and operation company in Bandar Abbas
- Take a ferry from Bandar Abbas to Sharjeh and then arrange a ferry from Sharjeh to India.
Please notice that they are just cargo ferries and the clients should take a flight from Bandar Abbas or Shiraz or Tehran or any other place to a city of India.
Both of them are mostly available, but unfortunately there is no regular ferry in this route.
To get the information from Sharjeh to India, please contact the companies or agencies in Dubai, but about the ferry from Iran to India, I may be able to help you.
To take the ferry from Iran to India, you may need 7 – 10 days time to do the official process and then it may reach to India about 4 – 7 days. Of course, you do not need to stay in Bandar Abbas for the initial and official process; meanwhile you can depart Iran or do the excursions.
To get the further information, you can contact me.